Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Meant for each other - The tale of the dresser and the mirror

When I was searching for Alexis' dresser, I somehow ended up with two dressers. (This was early in my craigslist addiction days, before I had it under control -- haha, like I have it under control now ?!?!)  So, this dresser sat in the basement for months before I got motivated enough to tackle it. Now that it's finished, I must say, it is absolutely beautiful!

Like so many of my projects, I forgot to take a good "before" picture, so here it is in pieces.



bassett-dovetail-drawers-dresser-wood-before-annie-sloan


















As you can see, it has great curves, dovetail drawers, pretty details and ornate french provincial style handles. As you may also notice, I did this entire project in the basement hallway!

Since this was an 'extra' dresser, I had no planned place for it, but once it was finished I had to give it a home. She ended up in the dining room as a buffet. 

Then.... I found this gold mirror at an estate sale and I new they were meant to be together. 


I painted the mirror and it was a match made in heaven.








She's still in my dining room, but I can't wait to find her a home where the dresser and mirror can live happily ever after :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment